Does RibbonDropDownButton works with RibbonCommand?

Sep 2, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Hi All,

I am using RibbonDropDownButton in my application. The RibbonDropDownButton is binding with data from a data grid control. The binding working fine. For the RibbonDropDownButton, I have created a RibbonCommand with CanExecute event is handled. The CanExecute event handler is not get fired at any means. I found this issue when I am struggling another issue.

My appication uses TabControl to load data. The Ribbon control will have RibbonTabs according to the context of the Tab Item. We normally show/hide the RibbonTabs. When the application is loaded the RibbonDropDownButton is enabled with the items loaded. When I go the next tab (Created when the create button is clicked) and come back, the RibbonDropDownButton gets disabled. It gets enabled when I click the content of that RibbonTab. I removed the CommandBinding used to that RibbonDropDownButton and tried, it worked perfectly without any image/icon on it. This might be a bug. Can anyone comment on this?

Can we add image/icon to a IRibbon control without using RibbonCommand?

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Can anyone give a solution for the above issues?

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:52 AM

i'm having the same issue.

RibbonDropDownButton CanExecuteCommand at certain scenario won't triggered, while other type like togglebutton are still working fine.

i dunno what really caused this, the only thing i can observed is after some ICollectionView.refresh on other things/parts, and ZIndex manipulation, the RibbonDropDownButton CanExecuteCommand then died.

but if i click on the ribbon bar/tab, it fired again

I tried the CommandManager.InvalidRequerySuggested() still to no avail

still seeking resolution