MultiBinding on DataGridTextColumn

Jun 22, 2009 at 6:26 AM

Hi all,

I have used MutliBinding on DataGridTextColumn. But I cannot edit the cell because it does not call ConvertBack() in the MultiConverter. I don't know why. Does anyone give me some suggestions?

Aug 8, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I have observed the same issue with MultiBinding on the DataGridTextColumn: The ConvertBack() function does not get called.

Please let me know if you have found a solution to this issue.

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Hi Tony, Marchani,

I think I have the same problem here. I want to format display values based on one of the properties in the datagridrow. All seems to work, except calling the ConvertBack() function. A regular Binding works, but not the multibinding.

This is what I used:

DataGridTextColumn col = new DataGridTextColumn();
                        MultiBinding multiBinding = new MultiBinding(); // to convert the value into a nice formatted string
                        multiBinding.Mode = BindingMode.TwoWay;                        
                        multiBinding.Converter = new QuantityConverter();
                        Binding binding = new Binding("Quantity[" + counter + "]");
                        binding.Mode = System.Windows.Data.BindingMode.TwoWay;
                        binding = new Binding();
                        binding.RelativeSource = new RelativeSource(RelativeSourceMode.FindAncestor);
                        binding.RelativeSource.AncestorType = typeof(DataGridRow);
                        binding.Path = new PropertyPath("DataContext");
                        binding.Mode = System.Windows.Data.BindingMode.OneWay;
                        col.Binding = multiBinding;

and the converter is a IMultiValueConverter.

This works:

Binding binding = new Binding("Quantity[" + counter + "]");
                        binding.Mode = System.Windows.Data.BindingMode.TwoWay;
                        col.Binding = binding;

Hopefully someone knows how to deal with this issue,

P.S. I just saw this issue is already reported at

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:19 AM

Hi all,

I have ported my project into the VS2010 Beta 2 (.NET 4). Multibinding works fine with DataGridTextColumn in .NET 4. And the issue is solved.

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Thanks Tony,

Good to know.

Too bad I've to wait for the new .Net Framework.