Release Notes for March2009 Release?

Apr 29, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Hi all,

We are using the earlier release of the grid and are planning testing the March09 version in our solution.  (It appears that it may resolve an eventing issue).

Is there a full list of release note for the March09 wpftoolkit?  I used the advanced search on issue tracker an didn't see any associated with the March Release.

Regards,
Tracy

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:46 AM
Yes, please if ther is a full list I could really use it.

I just released a very sophisticated real-time app using the January 09 release of the datagrid.

Should I upgrade to the March 09 release ASAP?  One issue in particular that I see is scrollintoview sometimes bomb, and I think it is because I have deferred scrolling enabled and also a collection view getting updated on the UI thread by a background worker that the drids items source is bound to.  I had to remove the automatic scroll to the top of the list functionality and it is woking ok for the time being.

Thanks,
Jon

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Hi there.  Samantha Durante provided the following list to one of my team members.  This is for the March2009 release.
FYI
~Tracy

Here’s a high level list of the major bug fixes:

<o:p> </o:p>

·        DataGridColumn * width designer crash issue <o:p></o:p>

·        Un-clickable popups in DataGrid RowDetails <o:p></o:p>

·        DatePicker crash when setting IsEnabled to False <o:p></o:p>

·        DatePicker SelectedDate binding is not TwoWay by default <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

At a more granular level, here is a list of the titles of thebugs fixed:  <o:p></o:p>

Add Blend-specific DataGrid design time icons (b/c our current ones show up with a pink background in Blend)<o:p></o:p>

DataGrid needs to provide sorting info about the columns<o:p></o:p>

DataGrid - Popups in RowDetails do not work correctly<o:p></o:p>

Unhandled exception when a DataGridTextColumn has * width and Window does not have fixed height and width<o:p></o:p>

Datagrid: Binding DateGridColumn to Read-only data source generate exception in run-time<o:p></o:p>

DataGrid: IndexOutOfRangeException thrown when row validation error occurs with DataTable and trying to use the keyboard to navigate<o:p></o:p>

DataGrid: ArguementException thrown when resizing a column initially set to SizeToCell and an empty ItemsSource<o:p></o:p>

DataGrid - Grouping disappears when changing DataGrid.ItemsSource<o:p></o:p>

DataGrid performance is slow when automation is active<o:p></o:p>

Infinite relayout of DataGrid when focus changes from row to details panel<o:p></o:p>

DataGrid Column header resizing causes misaligned cells<o:p></o:p>

NullReferenceException when a DataGridRow does not have a DataGridOwner<o:p></o:p>

DataGrid Star Column Widths incorrect when DataGrid was loaded with its Visibility not Visibile<o:p></o:p>

DataGrid - SecurityPermissions Exception thrown in DataGrid.StartAutoScroll()<o:p></o:p>

DataGridComboBoxColumn doesnt work properly with CollectionViewSource as its ItemsSource<o:p></o:p>

Memory leak when binding DataGrid to DependencyProperty<o:p></o:p>

Decade Added or Substracted When Highest Or Lowest Year Is Selected In A Decade View<o:p></o:p>

DatePicker breaks when IsEnabled=false<o:p></o:p>

DatePicker Esc and Enter actions not working<o:p></o:p>

Calendar/DatePicker requires explicit TwoWay Binding<o:p></o:p>

DatePicker Icon is inverted when FlowDirection is RightToLeft<o:p></o:p>

VisualStateBehaviorFactory.RegisterControlBehavior can run into a NullReferenceException on a second thread<o:p></o:p>

May 1, 2009 at 2:43 AM
Thank you!