Where is xaml intellisense?

Apr 1, 2009 at 3:20 PM
I just got back from a week's vacation.  I am new to all the xaml stuff.  But things that I remember working before vacation aren't working anymore.  Maybe I'm just not remembering it right.

So if I open up a xaml file in the Visual Studio 2008 Shell, isn't intellisense supposed to work in there?  For instance, if I'm in the <window and I type in "xmlns:crap=", shouldn't it give me a list to choose from?  It doesn't.

And if I type <button, shouldn't it show me the tags for the button?  Isn't Ctrl-SpaceBar the hot key to get intellisense to give a list?

It seems to work in my source code editor.  I happen to be using Delphi Prism.

The last thing I remember doing was to add the DevExpress dxcore plugin.  Could that be goofing up the intellisense somehow?

As a noobie, I need intellisense.  Anybody have any suggestions? 
Apr 1, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM
When I go into Tools|Options and then go to TextEditor for Xaml, the "Statement Completion" options are grayed out.  Is that normal?  If not, how do I "ungray" them?
Apr 1, 2009 at 9:48 PM
I finally uninstalled all the Silverlight 2 pieces/parts I had installed.  Then I downloaded the SilverLight 3 beta stuff (I might as well try using the new stuff).  That seemed to fix the Intellisense.  Go figure...