Latest WpfToolkit cause my xaml to complain

Mar 31, 2009 at 9:11 PM
I just downloaded the March 23, 2009 version of the toolkit zip source and binaries.  I uninstalled the previous version I had.  I installed using the msi.  I went into my application in Visual Studio 2008 Shell.  I removed the references in my solution to the old wpf toolkit, wpf toolkit design and wpf toolkit visual studio design which I think I had compiled from source and added new references in (which I assumed would pull the new versions just installed).

Now when I open the xaml that contained the datagrid, I get:

The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
   at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nToString()
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.ReflectionProjectNode.GetDelayLoadedAssembly(AssemblyName name, Boolean includeInternal)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.ReflectionProjectNode.LoadAssembly(AssemblyName name, Boolean includeInternal)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.ReflectionProjectNode.BuildAssemblies()
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.ReflectionProjectNode.BuildSubsumption()
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.ReflectionProjectNode.SubsumingNamespace(Identifier identifier)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.XmlElement.BuildScope(PrefixScope parentScope, IParseContext context)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.XmlElement.FindElementType(PrefixScope parentScope, IParseContext context)
   at MS.Internal.DocumentTrees.Markup.XamlSourceDocument.get_RootType()
   at Microsoft.Windows.Design.Documents.Trees.MarkupDocumentTreeManager.get_RootType()
   at Microsoft.Windows.Design.Documents.MarkupDocumentManager.CalculateLoadErrorState()
   at Microsoft.Windows.Design.Documents.MarkupDocumentManager.get_LoadState()
   at MS.Internal.Host.PersistenceSubsystem.Load()
   at MS.Internal.Host.Designer.Load()
   at MS.Internal.Designer.VSDesigner.Load()
   at MS.Internal.Designer.VSIsolatedDesigner.VSIsolatedView.Load()
   at MS.Internal.Designer.VSIsolatedDesigner.VSIsolatedDesignerFactory.Load(IsolatedView view)
   at MS.Internal.Host.Isolation.IsolatedDesigner.BootstrapProxy.LoadDesigner(IsolatedDesignerFactory factory, IsolatedView view)
   at MS.Internal.Host.Isolation.IsolatedDesigner.BootstrapProxy.LoadDesigner(IsolatedDesignerFactory factory, IsolatedView view)
   at MS.Internal.Host.Isolation.IsolatedDesigner.Load()
   at MS.Internal.Designer.DesignerPane.LoadDesignerView()

Now what?
Mar 31, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Oh, and the app can be compiled without errors and it runs without errors.
Mar 31, 2009 at 9:20 PM
hmm...  I just closed the IDE and reopened it and now it is okay.  Go figure.  I'm guessing that the form was somehow holding onto the old dll reference (that was removed) and not tumbling to the new reference that was added.  Until the IDE was reloaded again and then it realized it should use the new dll.

Just guessing...