Get selected row when enter-key is pressed

Mar 26, 2009 at 10:29 AM

When pressing the enter-key the datagrid changes the selection to the next row. There is the focus of my problem. I want to evaluate the value of the selected cell when the enter-key is pressed.
Which event can give me the right row or cell?
Mar 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM
If you mean you want to evaluate the value of a row/cell that is being edited and commited after an 'enter' key press, you can listen to the RowEditEnding event.  You can also use row validation (BindingGroup implementation for DataGrid),
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:31 PM
Hi vinsibal, thanks for your answer, but the occurrence of the problem is not in the case of editting a cell.

I have to select and extract the data of a "DataRow" when someone presses the enter-key. If I use the spacebar as the selector-key, the proplem not occures, because the selection stays on the same row. By using the enter-key, the selection changes to the next row and if I read the selectetItem-property of the DataGrid it returns the new selected row, which is the wrong one.

I have also testet the "keyDown"-event, but that way does not work, because the enter-Key does not fire a "keyDown"-event.

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:48 PM
So the functionality you want is:  When a user selects a row and presses enter, you want to do something with that row's data correct?

Have you tried the PreviewKeyDown event?
Mar 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM
Yes, correct, that's the solution for my problem.

Thanks a lot!