RibbonWindow Icon

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:39 PM
When I add the the icon to the window in XAML file that uses the RibbonWindow, it shows the icon in top-left.  You can see it hiding behind the ApplicationMenu.  If I remove the icon, it shows the default form ( White box ) in the Windows taskbar.  Is there a way to include the icon to not show in top-left but in the taskbar?  Thanks.
Apr 4, 2009 at 6:07 AM
I am having the same problem
Is there a solution?
Regards,
Dean
Apr 4, 2009 at 2:44 PM
WPF Toolkit Team said this will be fixed in next release.  Possibly mid 09.
Apr 6, 2009 at 5:51 AM
Thanks
Did you by any chance find a work-around?
Regards,
Dean
Apr 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM
I don't think there is one.  You can barely see the image hiding behind my Application Menu ( Top-Left Button ).  I just hope next release is SOON!  They are suppose to have another release around June and then release V1 by the end of year.  I'm guessing all the ToolKit controls ( Datagrid, DatePicker, etc.  ) will be added to main controls when VS 2010 is released.  I read somewhere that the Ribbon V1 will still be a separate license/DLL and not added to main controls until a later date.
Apr 6, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Thanks for the response
I would have thought that this was more a problem with the robbon control than with the toolkit, unless they are dependant on each other.
But like you said its not that noticeable (I just know its there)
Anyway thanks for your time.
Regards,
Dean
Apr 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM
I think you're lookin for IconVisibility. It will hide it from under the AppMenu, but it will still show up in the task bar.
Strange implementation, but it works for now.

<r:RibbonWindow ...

Icon="/Icons/myApp.ico"
IconVisibility="Hidden"

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Pretty cool approach.
Apr 9, 2009 at 7:23 AM
Perfect thank you.
Regards,
Dean