RibbonWindow Appearance in XP

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:11 PM
Why is the appearance of the title bar (mainly the border and the close/maximize/minimize) buttons of the RibbonWindow looking like Windows98 sytle in XP?

I would expect it to look XP style.

Is this normal behavior?
Nov 24, 2008 at 9:53 PM
Nov 24, 2008 at 10:57 PM
RibbonWindow should support Windows XP look and feel in XP.
It only defaults to the Classic look and feel when the System Theme is not correctly detected.

Can you provide a little more information about the exact way that you are creating the RibbonWindow and what your system settings are?
What version of Windows XP
What Theme settings?

Any other details would be helpful

Nov 26, 2008 at 2:56 AM
I started with the sample provided off the windowsclient.net site. 

Version of XP is windows XP media center.  SP3. 

I am able to change the theme of the ribbon itself using the following...

but it only affects the theme of the ribbon, and not the title bar.  I have never had any other applications default to this title bar, so I'm pretty sure it's not my system. 

Here is a picture of what I am seeing

Thanks for any help
Dec 3, 2008 at 11:58 PM
The Classic window chorme is the default fall back if the RibbonWindow doesn't have the correct look and feel implemented.
Media Center has its own look and feel for window chrome hence RibbonWindow falls back to the default.

The Windows XP Media Center look and feel is not supported right now.
Dec 10, 2008 at 12:19 AM
Thanks elclark.  Sure enough, my laptop running XP prof. has the right look.
Jan 19, 2009 at 1:44 AM
I'm having problem with the title bar. The selected system theme is WindosXP default (but I have zune theme installed).
Here's the output window

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:19 PM
Right now that is the way RibbonWindow fakes the Windows XP window chrome.  It's not perfect but because of the way RibbonWindow is coded there is no way to have windows xp render its chrome; causing ribbonwindow to do all of it.  The bevels and other details of XP Chrome are hard to duplicate in a vector form and our focus was on having a usable Ribbon and the clean up would happen in the comming version.
There are bugs open for the look and feel and it will get some love.
Jan 19, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Thanks elclark, I guess I'll stick to the original window tag for the mean time while waiting for the next version.
Apr 28, 2011 at 2:42 AM

I downloaded the latest version, but sitll has look & feel problem with xp, any idea?