RibbonWindow and Taskbar (taskbar no longer pops up)

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I have noticed that when I started using a RibbonWindow instead of a normal Window in my app that the taskbar no longer pops up when you move it to the bottom of the screen.
(The taskbar is set to autohide and is located on the bottom of the screen)

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Is there a way to fix this?
Nov 14, 2008 at 1:44 PM
No one else is experiencing this?  Either way I would be interested to hear from someone else if they do or do not have this problem.

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:23 PM

I have the same problem with the RibbonWindow.  Also, when you have the taskbar always visible at the bottom, the window overwrites the task bar (it is no longer visible).
Nov 17, 2008 at 12:58 PM
So is this a documented bug?  Is there no way to make a work around for this?

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:33 PM
For Taskbar AutoHide, this is a known issue and we are tracking it.

For Taskbar always visible, RibbonWindow works fine in Aero theme so that can used as a workaround.

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:30 PM
Is there a list somewhere for the known issues that we can view?
Nov 18, 2008 at 6:16 PM
Hi ashlar64,

There is no public list of known issues for Ribbon at this time - we've just been tracking everything in our internal bug database.  Your best bet is to just search the Discussions forum, and please don't hesitate to post issues you come across.  When we release V1 of Ribbon, we will likely track any major known issues on the Known Issues page, similar to what we've done for DataGrid on the Tips & Tricks page: http://www.codeplex.com/wpf/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Tips%20%26%20Tricks.