DatePicker as DateTimePicker

Oct 29, 2008 at 7:11 PM
Is there any way to get the DatePicker to show and validate date formats that include time values?  For instance I would like to show a datetime value in this format: "dd\MM\yyyy HH:mm:ss"  is this possible?
Oct 31, 2008 at 3:12 PM

There are 2 options for SelectedDateFormat :"Long" and “Short”, but those not what you neded. Short Date format shows “12/20/1980”, long one “Thursday, May 15, 2008”. There is no format option for time. Maybe, there is work around or it will be fixed in future release?

Thanks. Lena

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:40 PM
You are correct, I am looking for something more along the lines of "12/20/1980 10:30:00 PM".   I am thinking that it may be possible to overwrite the DatePicker, and add new SelectedDateFormat options but I haven't had time since the release to try anything in depth with it.  I would prefer to do this all in XAML but I doubt that is going to be possible.
Nov 3, 2008 at 1:03 AM
You can't do this with the DatePicker now.  MS may update the control to perform this as done in WinForms.  I saw on one of the PDC 08 sessions that they plan on relasing a TimePicker for SL2 and hopefully release to WPF.  Not sure timeline, though.