.NET 4.0 Trouble binding radiobutton to a bool

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:15 PM
My understanding is that the .NET 4.0 has fixed databinding of radiobuttons. This has been a sinkhole in terms of time. Can someone
please show me how to databind two radiobuttons to a bool using 4.0...I have tried so many different permutations (some work for awhile but eventually stop).
I have tried giving them different groupnames, but giving them the same BindingGroupName in the Binding statement...Doesn't fly...I would
really appeciate some help! Thanks!!!!  
                IsChecked="{Binding Path=IsDirectedTask, Converter={StaticResource OppositeBoolConverter}, Mode=TwoWay, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}"                 
                IsChecked="{Binding Path=IsDirectedTask, Mode=TwoWay, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}" 
Apr 21, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Why aren't you using a checkbox?  RadioButtons are for mutually exclusive enums.

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:04 AM

The short answer...because that is what the customer wants.  If he wants radio buttons and he is paying for it, he gets radio buttons.

There are legitimate situations where two radio buttons provide more information to the end user than a checkbox because you can visually see what the opposite is.  To a novice end user, this creates a better experience.

I can make it an enum with two fields instead of a boolean, if need be. It is just a shame because the UI should not be driving that type of decision.