ApplicationCommands.Copy with bindings set through styles

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Hi all,

I am trying to use ApplicationCommands.Copy to get the values from my DataGrid. Unfortunately, the value appears blank if the (text) binding is set in a style rather than directly. The majority of my bindings are set in styles because they are multibindings; I was unable to find a way to set multibindings directly on a column's text. I am still using V3.5.40128.1 of the WPF Toolkit for fear of breaking things in an update.

Is this something that has been changed in the latest version? If not, can anyone suggest a workaround?

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Im also running into this issue. I am using the latest WPF toolkit. Any help out there?

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Actually it appears to just be an issue with Multibinding. I am not using a style but instead have a multibinding directly defined in my DataGridTextColumn

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Hmm, I never managed to get MultiBinding directly in the DataGridTextColumn working, although I might not have made much of an effort... Or perhaps it was MultiBinding on properties other than "Binding" that I needed to use Styles for, I cannot recall.

I suspect the issue is not actually with the MultiBinding but with the use of a ValueConverter - if you use a simple Binding (that is, bound to one property) along with a ValueConverter does that work any better? I suspect the source value is copied rather than the output of the ValueConverter, which would be unhelpful in most cases.

The workaround I used was to iterate through every cell, copying its displayed text manually. There is no built-in functionality to do this, but there were some useful posts on these forums - unfortunately I have tried searching for them this morning but cannot find them. :(

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:24 AM

The thread is here: It also links to another thread ( which may actually be more relevant.

It was difficult to find as the title appears to bear no relation to our problem!