WPF Platform Updates
The latest release of the .NET Framework (version
3.5 Service Pack 1
) includes these exciting new improvements:
- Application Startup and Working Set Performance Improvements, including significant performance improvements to the CLR to enable 10-40% faster application startup times.
- New .NET Framework Client Profile Setup Package, a new setup installer that enables a smaller, faster, and simpler installation experience for .NET client applications on machines that do not already have the .NET Framework installed.
- New .NET Framework Setup Bootstrapper for Client Applications, a new "bootstrapper" component that you can use with client applications to help automate making sure that the right version of the .NET Framework is installed.
- ClickOnce Client Application Deployment Improvements.
- Performance Improvements, specifically in the graphics and data scalability arenas.
- Data Improvements
- Extensible Shader Effects
- WPF Interoperability with Direct3D
- Visual Studio 2008 for WPF Improvements
For more information, please visit the WPF homepage on