The WPF Toolkit is a collection of WPF features and components that are being made available outside of the normal .NET Framework ship cycle. The WPF Toolkit not only allows users to get new functionality more quickly, but allows an efficient means for giving feedback to the product team. Many of the features will be released with full source code as well. Over time, some of these features may be moved into the .NET Framework, based on readiness and customer feedback.
This is a Community Tech Preview (CTP) Release of the DataGrid control. The download links on this page include a binaries only and a binaries & sources release package. You can also browse or download the source code under the Source Code
Please note: The WPF Toolkit is dependent on .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
. You must install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in order to use any features in the Toolkit.
Instructions for using the WPF Toolkit Preview binaries:
- Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Download and unzip the WPFToolkit_Binaries from the link above
- Reference the binaries in your project:
- Reference WPFToolkit.dll in your project
- Add a using statement ("using Microsoft.Windows.Controls;") to the top of .cs files
- Add a new xmlns (for example, xmlns:toolkit="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wpf/2008/toolkit") to the top of XAML files. Remember to use the namespace prefix (in the above example, <toolkit: ...>) in the body of your XAML.