Datagrid Groups Collapsing

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:35 AM

I have a datagrid with 3 group descriptions. First and Second groups are not expanded, but the third one is expanded.

Whenever there is one item in the second level group and the thrid level group and I click on an editable cell and click away from it, the second level group collapses.

This happens from the fact that the edited row is being removed and re added.

I have been trying to solve this for the past two weeks. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Jan 29, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Can you please explain the scenario in bit more detail?

Have you set the OrderDescription ?

Jan 31, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I have three groups. First two are collapsed and the third one is expanded. If I have only one leaf level item in the second group, that is there is only one group under that particular second level group and that third group also has only one item, then editing a cell and moving away from it to click on another cell will collapse the second group.

My findings tell me that this happens because that particular item is being removed from the collectionview and added again (found this by creating a collectionchanged even and it gets fired twice one - to add and then two - to remove it), may be because it's trying to re-group the collection.