Charting - Multiple Column Series with x-axis timeline

Nov 11, 2009 at 8:55 PM
Edited Nov 11, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Hi,

I am trying to make a column series chart with a number of series from a DataTable. The DataTable holds information about donations made by individuals to a charity. The donations can be for different types of appeals. I have added two levels of grouping to the table (actually using ICollectionView) which gives me a group (CollectionViewGroup) for each individual who has donated, and within that group another set of groups for what appeals the donations are for. Each donation has a date value associated with it. I would like to produce a column series chart for each individual which shows all donations made against a timeline, with a different series for each appeal the individual has donated to.

At present I am able to display the series for each individual OK, but the data points don't appear in chronological order (well, they do, but grouped by series). What I want is a timeline running from when the first donation is made to when the last donation is made with columns appearing for each series at the appropriate point along the x-axis.

Has anbody done this or make any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Update: Done it. I have used a category axis and applied a sort order to that axis.