Bug fixes?

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:27 PM

When can we expect the next release of this project? It has been 4 months since the previous release and it contains some nasty bugs, even in the "Stable" quality band. Now that .NET 4 beta 2 is out, I think you can share some of the fixes you surely did for that release.

Most annoying to me is this calendar bug: when you drag the mouse and let the mouse button go up outside the calendar, the selection seems to be update, but in fact it does not! This is a critical bug, because it can lead to data corruption for the unwary user. I've reported it there: http://wpf.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=10290 on 9th July, and I would really like to get some fix.

I've built an application for my customer using this stuff and now I am starting to regret it, considering the poor support MS puts into this project. Please do not make us wait for the .NET 4 release in march. People are building WPF 3.5 apps today, and we would love to be able to do so.

Because of a similar previous experience with your datagrid, I bought one competitor product, and I must say I'm extremely pleased by the feel and features of that grid, much better than the one MS "builds". Maybe I should have done the same for the datepicker :-(

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Hi,

I also want to know the next release of the Toolkit. I have ported my problem in VS2010. I see that the behaviour of the DataGrid is different from the latest toolkit. Any one know when will have a new release of the Toolkit?

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Does anyone know if there will be a new release of the toolkit?  And if so, when?

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I agree and believe MS should give us an update on this toolkit and/or some type of WPF roadmap.  I think MS has been busy and did a good job on VS2010B2 and .NET4B2 release, but now is the time to give us some info on what's next. 

What happen to the customer feedback and communication MS is saying it is trying to work on?  Please, please, please give us an update on toolkit and the following topics.... 

Bag O' Tricks and/or new controls.   How does this compare and fit with Silverlight Toolkit release?

M-V-VM Templates, Walkthroughs, Documentation.

WPF Ribbon.

MEF Templates, Walkthroughs, Documentation.