Cannot compile WPFToolkit

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I am receiving a number of compiler errors, starting with this one:

Error    1    The type or namespace name 'IProvideAttributeTable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\WPF Toolkit\Toolkit-release\DataVisualization.Design\MetadataRegistration.cs    22    67    Controls.DataVisualization.Toolkit.Design

Where can I find compiling directions?

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I ran into a similiar issue - it actually started with the error you show above.   I thought it was because of an ambiguous reference so I prefixed it with the MetaData (from "using MetaData = " statement above) and it stopped complaining that it was missing a reference.   I ended up doing this (painful) process throughout the entire application and in the end was greeted with 75 of the following errors:

Error 1 The type 'Microsoft.Windows.Design.Metadata.AttributeTableBuilder' exists in both 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.Windows.Design.dll' and 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Expression\Blend 3\Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility\Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility.dll' C:\_Drive\Downloads\WPFToolkitBinariesAndSource\WPFToolkitBinariesAndSource\Toolkit-release\DataVisualization.Design\RangeAxisMetadata.cs 17 40 Controls.DataVisualization.Toolkit.VisualStudio.Design

I deleted everything and started over within the above context and I found that all of the projects will compile with the exception of Controls.DataVisualization.Toolkit.VisualStudio.Design - I unloaded it and the solution successfully compiled.   I  reloaded the VisualStudio.Design project and found the following mismatch of references:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.Windows.Design.dll
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Expression\Blend 3\Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility\Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility.dll

I deleted the Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility dll reference and replaced it with the following reference:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility.dll

And my solution compiles without errors or warnings.

Hope this helps your compile issues.

Jun 11, 2010 at 10:26 AM

What's the official view on this?

I've got Visual Studio and Blend and getting this error anyway.

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Delete all such kind of dlls from the project

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.Windows.Design.*.dll and replace it with

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.Windows.Design.*.dll

And build you solution it will work fine.

Jul 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM

What bpoojary means is remove references to

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.Windows.Design.*.dll

and replace it with

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.Windows.Design.*.dll

That fixed these issues in my case.

Jul 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Thanks UeberBoss . My fault copy paste issue.

Regards,
Bhushan Poojary

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM, UeberBoss <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

What bpoojary means is remove references to

and replace it with

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.Windows.Design.*.dll

That fixed these issues in my case.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wpf@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wpf@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com