Visual Studio locks up when editing XAML chart linearaxis

Sep 23, 2009 at 5:36 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Hi.  I have added a chart to a window.  It graphs voltage and current values over time. The code compiles and runs well, but I don't like the way the autoscale of the left and right Y axes occurs.  If I try to edit the XAML code, when I cursor to a LinearAxis line, Visual Studio 2008 locks up and I have to end the process in Task Manager and start over. My theory is that the graphic display of my window is trying to select the Axis and is unable to do so.  I added the chart with the following XAML code, anyone have any reason why this is happening and a fix for me?

<chartingToolkit:Chart Background="Cornsilk" Margin="5,5,268.155,5" x:Name="chart_realTimeLog" Grid.Row="1" Grid.ColumnSpan="3">

<chartingToolkit:LineSeries ItemsSource="{Binding}" IndependentValueBinding="{Binding time}" DependentValueBinding="{Binding valueVolts}">

<chartingToolkit:LineSeries.DependentRangeAxis>

<chartingToolkit:LinearAxis Orientation="Y" Location="Left" Title="Voltage" ShowGridLines="True">

</chartingToolkit:LinearAxis>

</chartingToolkit:LineSeries.DependentRangeAxis>

</chartingToolkit:LineSeries>

<chartingToolkit:LineSeries ItemsSource="{Binding}" IndependentValueBinding="{Binding time}" DependentValueBinding="{Binding valueAmps}">

<chartingToolkit:LineSeries.DependentRangeAxis>

<chartingToolkit:LinearAxis Orientation="Y" Title="Current" Location="Right" ShowGridLines="True"> 

</chartingToolkit:LineSeries.DependentRangeAxis>

</chartingToolkit:LineSeries>

<chartingToolkit:Chart.Axes> 

<chartingToolkit:LinearAxis Orientation="X" Title="Time (hundredths of Seconds)" Location="Bottom">

</chartingToolkit:Chart.Axes>

</chartingToolkit:Chart>

Should let you know, my PC is running XP Professional.