Windows 7 Silver Ribbon Style?

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:00 AM

Is it possible to style the WPF ribbon with a Silver Windows 7 style instead of blue which is the default?  I know how to style it for the Office2K7 Silver style.

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I used reflector (with the BAML Viewer) and the only available ribbon styles (besides the default) are Office2007 blue, black and silver. Looks like you'll need to create your own style based on the default (shouldn't be too bad if you only want to change the colors).

Good luck,
Erwin

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2009 at 7:17 PM

As Erwin said, the Ribbon CTP does not offer a built in theme for Silver Win7 - in order to achieve this, you'll have to retemplate Ribbon.  In V1, this shouldn't be a big undertaking, but in the CTP it will be fairly difficult as the themes currently have a lot of hard-coded values so unfortunately it's not as simple as just changing a few colors.  It is possible to do with a little work though, and we are planning to fix this issue in V1.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Thanks! Wish it supported the same color schemes for Windows 7 out of the box as it does for the Office2K7 style. I much prefer the look of the Windows7 Ribbon but I usually use the silver style ribbon in my applications.  Maybe one of the 3rd party ribbons will support that.