Problem adding Datagrid to form

Aug 20, 2009 at 6:28 PM

I have downloaded the toolkit for WPF from June 2009. It added a Datagrid control, a DatePicker control, and a calender control. When I try to add them to my WPF form nothing happens. When I grab it and try to drop it onto the form, I get the black circle with a line through it telling me it cannot be added there. I can it between tabes in the tool bar but that is it. the same thing happens for all the controls in the tool kit. Any thoughts on what I may have done wrong?

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Hi Glupii,

Do the controls work if you manually add them directly in the XAML instead of dragging them onto the design surface?  If so, then I suspect there just is some quirk in the designer.  Try restarting VS, and if that doesn't help, sometimes the Toolbox just needs to be reset after you install the Toolkit.  If you right-click on the Toolbox, there should be a reset option in the context menu.  Let me know if that works for you.  Also, just to confirm, you are using VS 2008?

Thanks,
Samantha

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Actually after two days of searching, emailing, and trying verious different versions I came across a small blurb someone had written about reseting the controls in the tool box and once I did that it worked. So I am working now. For the record I could not drag and drop any of hte controls from the toolbox to any part of the XAML or Window until I complete the reset. Thanks for the response.