WPF ChartingToolkit: Visual State Manager Crash!

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:05 PM

using expression blend 2 with the WPF Toolkit June 09 Release.  i add a chart to the application, and when i add a databinding lineseries the visual state manager crashes ... assembly cant be found ??? any idea's ?

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Are you also adding a project reference to WPFToolkit.dll? If not, that's probably the issue. Charting has a dependency on the VSM in the WPF Toolkit and the tools don't currently add a reference to the dependent assembly - so you need to do it manually.

Sorry for the trouble - I wish this were automatic, too. :)

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:59 AM

i have added 

xmlns:toolkit="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wpf/2008/toolkit" to the top of my xaml ? is there more i have to add???

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2009 at 6:30 PM

To do what I'm suggesting, please add a project reference to WPFToolkit.dll - in Visual Studio, this is done by going to the Solution Explorer, right clicking the References entry for your project, choosing "Add Reference...", and picking the WPFToolkit.dll assembly that lives right beside the DataVisualization DLL you picked when you originally did this. When you expand the References node, you should now see a WPFToolkit at the bottom.

Thanks!