Autocomplete / Suggestbox

Jun 17, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Under the Toolkit Roadmap there is a note about an autocomplete control, under the Futures Roadmap a SuggestBox is mentioned.  What is the difference between both roadmaps and what is the difference between an autocomplete and a suggestbox?

More importantly, when will an autocomplete box be available?  I heard there was going to be a port of the Silverlight version which seems pretty good.

Thanks for any expanations and info.

Graeme

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Hi Graeme,

I don't think there is a difference between Autocomplete and SuggestBox.  The reason we have two different names is because Autocomplete is (as you suspected) going be a port of the Silverlight Autocomplete control.  I don't believe we have a timeline set for this yet, but it should be within the next few months.  The SuggestBox is an old standalone sample which we have internally and need to clean up and release.  We added this control to the Roadmap before we knew that the Silverlight Toolkit had Autocomplete in the works, so I think what will end up happening is that we'll just release the Autocomplete control and toss the SuggestBox, since Autocomplete is superior quality control.  I'll update the Futures Roadmap and remove the SuggestBox to reflect this.

Thanks!
Samantha