Where is the DataForm?

May 27, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Isn't there a control like the Silverlight DataForm for WPF?

Coordinator
May 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Hi, we don't have a DataForm for WPF, but we have discussed adding one in a future release.  I will certainly pass on this feedback. 

In the meantime, the new Data Sources Window in the Visual Studio Designer for WPF in Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 can help you get started with building a similar-looking control.  If you use the wizard to hook up your data source, you can then drag on a Details grid which will generate a Label and a TextBox for each field in your data and will also hook up the CollectionViewSource to browse the data.  With a little manipulation, you should be able to change the layout to more closely match the DataForm and add on some quick buttons to let you page through each record.  Hope that helps!

Thanks!
Samantha

Jun 2, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Is it possible to recompile the silverlight DataForm code for WPF using the WPFToolkit. I was thinking of trying this.

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2009 at 8:15 PM

It might be worth a shot, but for a control as complex as DataGrid/DataForm it might not work out.  At this point, there are some differences in the way Silverlight & WPF do things (like Triggers).

Sep 11, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Has anyone recompiled it into WPF? :)

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:12 AM

http://wpfdataform.codeplex.com/

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I know that porting DataForm to WPF would  be a nightmare but, this wpfdataform is really really SIMPLE... Useless in production environment. DataForm is a must in bussiness apps. Can you give me some info, if dataform is going to be added and if  so then when?

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Any update on that?