New WPF Model-View-ViewModel Toolkit v0.1 released!

Coordinator
May 1, 2009 at 9:00 PM
The WPF Team is happy to announce that we have just released the Model-View-ViewModel toolkit v0.1!

The toolkit is intended to introduce the Model-View-ViewModel design pattern for building WPF applications to the broad WPF developer community. It includes:
  • A Visual Studio 2008 template (Visual C# Express 2008 also supported)
  • Documentation
    • General introduction to M-V-VM
    • Walkthrough using the VS template
  • A complete WPF application demonstrating the MVVM pattern
You can download the toolkit on the WPF Futures page. We hope you find the toolkit useful, and love to hear your comments and suggestions!
May 2, 2009 at 2:07 AM
Looks like a good first step.  I'm interested in seeing how far this is going to be taken.  I've been working with WPF and Silverlight for a while now, and find the MVVM pattern to be far easier than regular binding and conversion functions.

I posted some feedback on my blog here http://blogs.windowsclient.net/joeyw/archive/2009/05/01/mvvm-toolkit-0-1-first-impressions.aspx
May 5, 2009 at 7:39 PM
Love it. I hope you guys continue development on this. I read the two included docs and they are well put together. One suggestion is to have an overview document for the Messenger application. It is a bit daunting just jumping into it.

Can we get DelegateCommand in the Framework for 4.0? Everyone seems to copy this code around.