DataGrid RowDetails Customization

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:21 PM
Hi!

Again I have a question which is very specific to customizing the DataGrid for my companies needs.
In a View we have some transactions shown in a DataGrid. Some of these transactions have child-transactions. The user can customize the view to show these child-transactions in the DataGrid too. But not on Top-Level.
I would like to o this with rowdetails. But not the way it is done at the moment. I would love to have a column where are little plus-buttons when a transaction has child-transactions. When the user clicks on a button the child-transaction / rowdetails should be visible.

I have not found a way to achieve this yet, because I can not define a rowstyle with the rowdetailsproperties. I think they can only be set for the whole grid?
Is there a way to achieve something like this? Do I have to extend the grid somehow to be able to do this?

Kind regards,
Woggly
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2009 at 12:59 PM
What kind of RowDetails Properties were you looking to set?  If all you need is to make the RowDetails visible when you click on a button then that is doable without subclassing.
Apr 14, 2009 at 7:25 AM
I realized it this way:
When a user is clicking in the button in the row I turn the RowDetailsVisibilityMode To VisibleWhenSelected int the Click-EventHandler. If the user clicks the button again I am turning to Collapsed. This works fine in my application.