AutoComplete control or functionality for the WPF toolkit

Apr 1, 2009 at 6:59 PM

On the RoadMap page for the WPF Toolkit, it states that Autocomplete is planned for a future release.  It doesn't say if this is going to be a new control, or just an easier way to provide the auto complete behavior for a DataGridComboBox column.  Is there any word on when this control/behavior will be included?

In lieu of this, I really like the AutoComplete control that comes with the SilverLight toolkit.  Does anyone know if somebody has been able to port the control over to WPF?

P.S.  - I do realize there is a discussion opened up here that explains how to add the auto complete behavior to a DataGridComboBox, but having a seperate control like the one included in the Silverlight toolkit would be alot nicer.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:09 PM
The AutoComplete control will be a new control which is actually a port of the Silverlight AutoComplete.  I don't know of anyone (externally) who's done this yet, but we are working on it internally and should hopefully have it available within the next few months.  Thanks!
Apr 1, 2009 at 8:26 PM
That's great to know. Can't wait.
Jan 28, 2010 at 8:49 AM

just found this thread using google. Is this control already available, or am I missing something. I looked on the feature page of the WPF Toolkit, but I just found very little features. Is this because most features which are required in Silverlight (see the number of features in "their" toolkit :-) are already available in WPF, or because they are just not ported yet?

Don't get me wrong, I know its open source, and I already found some other projects for my problem (autocomplete in WPF). I just like the Toolkit approach from Silverlight, because it garantuees a certain quality :-)