Grid validation locking edits

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM
I am using the DataGrid's RowValidationRules property to do row validation.  I've embellished the RowStyle to draw a red border around the row and give a validate error message as a tooltip when validation fails.  I've noticed that when validation fails, the editing of all other rows in the grid is blocked until the user fixes the problem in the error row.  I consider this to be a good thing.  However, if the user commits changes from the bound dataset to the database while a row is in the error state, then after the commit, the entire grid is locked.  Nothing can be edited. 

I either need to know how to test whether the grid is currently in a state where a row has a validation error, or be able to clear the grid's edit lockout condition programmatically.

Does any one know how to do this?  Thanks.
Mar 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Your validation rules should have logic to conditionally succeed. When you need to clear the errors you need to run the validations again this time such that they succeed.
Mar 27, 2009 at 9:30 PM
How do I run validations again when I am locked out of performing any edit updates.?   Thanks.
Jul 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I'm having the same problem.

@tmininger: Did you find a solution to this?

@annegao: I don't understand your solution. Could you please elaborate?