WPF DataGrid Documentation

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Maybe I'm missing it. Maybe it is right in front of my nose.

Maybe it doesn't exist :-)

Can anyone point me to the documentation for the WPF DataGrid 1.0?

Thanks,

Peter

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Haha, hi Peter.

No, you're not crazy - "official" documentation for DataGrid doesn't exist it.  It will be available on MSDN when the DataGrid is rolled back into the framework in .NET 4.0.

In the meantime, we did post some some docs to help get you started:

(BTW, you can find these links, along with others for the other Toolkit controls, on the Toolkit release page about halfway down: http://www.codeplex.com/wpf/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=22567).

If you're having specific issues/questions, your best resource right now is to search these forums to see if someone else has posted the same question, and if not, to post a new one.

Thanks!
Samantha

Feb 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Thanks Samantha for the quick reply!

That's what I thought about the documentation. I did know about the walk through and also the hands on lab, but I wasn't aware of the Southridge Lab. I will have to check it out. I'll slog through the code and use Dotnet Reflector. Those will help too.

The reason I'm so eager to use the Microsoft grid is that it is easy to deploy and has no restrictions about who can develop with it. I currently work on projects where the baton sometimes gets passed on to other developers. Making future developers buy a license to a commercial grid or even have to register for the "free" commercial grid doesn't work so well for my customers.

Also, line of business apps don't work so well without a real grid.

I'm hoping I can transition at least some of my business applications from winforms to wpf. WPF has excellent potential!

--
Peter