DataGrid rows scrolling bug?

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:51 PM
Hello,

I noticed a bug with the scrolling row by row on the DataGrid.

When I edit a cell, the template display a very big treeview that is bigger that the screen so you need to scroll down if you want to pick and item at the bottom of the tree.
But If I scroll it goes directly to the next row so you can't see the not visible part of the row!!!

Their is no options to get a continuous scrolling instead of a row by row scrolling is their a work around?
If I need to modify the code can someone tels me where to start?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

Fred
Dec 10, 2008 at 2:47 PM
It seems that setting :

ScrollViewer.CanContentScroll

="False"

Remove the feature of scrolling row by row.
Jul 15, 2009 at 12:23 AM

I noticed a similar problem when applying data through a DataTemplate to a WPF ListBox which causes each ListBoxItem to be presented at a variable size, that content scrolling breaks. In fact, I would say there is a bug in this extreme scenario. Setting ScrollView.CanContentScroll to false works like a charm.

There is one caveat to setting this property to false. If you are using a control which relies on Virtualization to optimize large collections of data (very large ListBox or DataGrid), especially when using a complex data template, having CanContentScroll set to false may cause scrolling to appear jumpy. More than likely not a problem for most scenarios.