Ribbon Application Icon

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Hi,

I'm using the Ribbon control from the preview and I'm having trouble getting the application menu icon to appear as a large round button as in Word etc.

the only way I can get this feature to work is if I merge in one of the Office 2007 skins in side the window constructor, i.e.

this.Resources.MergedDictionaries.Add(Microsoft.Windows.Controls.Ribbon.PopularApplicationSkins.Office2007Silver);

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug with the default style for the ribbon or do I have to style it this way myself?

Thanks for your help

Graham
Dec 2, 2008 at 7:09 PM
Hi Graham,

By default, the Ribbon has the Windows 7 theme, which has a square Application Menu button instead of the round one found in Office 2007.  Applying one of the Office 2007 skins will modify the theme to display the round-style button.

Thanks!
Samantha
Dec 2, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Thanks Samantha.

I'd read that the default style was Windows 7, guess I don't know what Windows 7 looks like, roll on Beta 1 :)

Regards

Graham
Dec 3, 2008 at 1:57 PM
Samantha, I have noticed something else...

I'm running Vista. If I use the RibbonWindow root element where should the Application Menu Icon be positioned? Should it be in the non-client area or in the same area as the ribbon tabs?

It is appearing in the same area as the ribbon tabs for me!!

Thanks

Graham
Dec 4, 2008 at 1:27 AM
Hi Graham,

In the Win7 theme, the ApplicationMenu button should appear at the same level as the tabs (not in the non-client area) whether you're using a RibbonWindow or a standard Window.

Thanks!
Samantha
Dec 7, 2008 at 4:49 AM
Hi Samantha,

I get my application menu item appear just fine.

However, the icon in the taskbar was still the default icon, not my custom application icon. I then added an icon tag to the r:RibbonWindow root and the taskbar icon appears as expected.

However, now I notice the smaller icon sticking out from behind my application menu icon background circle.

Is there a way to get the right icon in the taskbar without getting the duplicate icon in the top left of the window?

Thanks,
Stefan

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:38 PM
Hi Stefan,

This is a known issue and will be fixed in V1 of the Ribbon.  Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a workaround available at this time.

Thanks,
Samantha