Ribbon Application Icon

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Hi,

I'm using the Ribbon control from the preview and I'm having trouble getting the application menu icon to appear as a large round button as in Word etc.

the only way I can get this feature to work is if I merge in one of the Office 2007 skins in side the window constructor, i.e.

this.Resources.MergedDictionaries.Add(Microsoft.Windows.Controls.Ribbon.PopularApplicationSkins.Office2007Silver);

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug with the default style for the ribbon or do I have to style it this way myself?

Thanks for your help

Graham
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2008 at 7:09 PM
Hi Graham,

By default, the Ribbon has the Windows 7 theme, which has a square Application Menu button instead of the round one found in Office 2007.  Applying one of the Office 2007 skins will modify the theme to display the round-style button.

Thanks!
Samantha
Dec 2, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Thanks Samantha.

I'd read that the default style was Windows 7, guess I don't know what Windows 7 looks like, roll on Beta 1 :)

Regards

Graham
Dec 3, 2008 at 1:57 PM
Samantha, I have noticed something else...

I'm running Vista. If I use the RibbonWindow root element where should the Application Menu Icon be positioned? Should it be in the non-client area or in the same area as the ribbon tabs?

It is appearing in the same area as the ribbon tabs for me!!

Thanks

Graham
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2008 at 1:27 AM
Hi Graham,

In the Win7 theme, the ApplicationMenu button should appear at the same level as the tabs (not in the non-client area) whether you're using a RibbonWindow or a standard Window.

Thanks!
Samantha
Dec 7, 2008 at 4:49 AM
Hi Samantha,

I get my application menu item appear just fine.

However, the icon in the taskbar was still the default icon, not my custom application icon. I then added an icon tag to the r:RibbonWindow root and the taskbar icon appears as expected.

However, now I notice the smaller icon sticking out from behind my application menu icon background circle.

Is there a way to get the right icon in the taskbar without getting the duplicate icon in the top left of the window?

Thanks,
Stefan

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2008 at 7:38 PM
Hi Stefan,

This is a known issue and will be fixed in V1 of the Ribbon.  Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a workaround available at this time.

Thanks,
Samantha