Strange RowDetails/ComboBox behavior

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:18 PM
Hey all,

First off, thanks for creating the Datagrid tool for WPF! It's a new technology that I'm excited about and have been using for a little while now. I'm getting some strange behavior that I was hoping someone could help me figure out, since I'm still relatively new.

My goal is:
I have a ComboBox inside of a RowDetailsTemplate in my Datagrid. I'd like to have it so when a user clicks on a row, the ComboBox shows underneath the item, with some detail information. I'd also like to have it so that the user can then edit whatever details might be associated with that item in the ComboBox.

My problem is:
All I've done so far is just place a ComboBox with four items in the RowDetailsTemplate. However, when I click on the ComboBox to change its value:
1. I can't change it unless I set the property IsEditable="true" and type in what I want to change it to, and
2. If I select an item in the ComboBox, it selects the row underneath wherever I clicked and switches to that row.

To be honest, I'm stumped. I've tried it a bunch of different ways...ruled out the datasource being the problem (just hardcoded in some values), tried a bunch of property settings that I wasn't sure would help...

Could anyone give an answer? Here's a code snippet of what I'm trying to do:

ItemsSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource TestDataDS}, XPath=/WorkItems/Item}" 
        ...Four Column Header Definitions...
            <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="20 0 0 0">
                    SelectedItem="{Binding XPath=Type}" 
                    ItemsSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource StatusDS}, XPath=/Status/Type}" />

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM
See this thread,
Nov 14, 2008 at 6:10 PM
Ah...thanks for the link! I don't know how I missed that...

So the reason that it "clicks through" to the row underneath is that it's a known bug.

Are you aware of any timeframe for this to be fixed in?