Column Span Feature?

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:08 AM

Hello,

Is there a feature of the DataGrid that allows spanning of columns, just for specific rows?

If there isn’t, is this feature planned in a future release?

Jamie

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2008 at 3:06 PM
So, you want some columns to be aligned and others not?
Nov 10, 2008 at 6:40 PM
Edited Nov 10, 2008 at 6:42 PM
No, nothing to do with alignment.

I want functionality identical to the Grid control's attached property "Grid.ColumnSpan".
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2008 at 4:11 PM
This functionality does not currently exist.  It may be considered in future release.
Nov 11, 2008 at 9:32 PM
OK thanks.
Jul 9, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Is this functionality being considered in the future release? If it is, would it be possible to access the Span property from individual grid cells?

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Depending on you need... if you need column span for headers (not data) you can emulate it.  Is this something that would help you?

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I need column span not only for headers but for all cells, similar to Excel, where I can span/merge cells so the text or control from the starting cell will flow/expand to the end cell. It would be extremely nice to have this functionality without emulation or workarounds (complete programming API).  Surprisingly, none of the major DataGrid vendors have this functionality.  Is there anything you can suggest to implement it with the current DataGrid, may be overriding OnRender, or tweaking RowTemplates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!