WPF Browser Application - DataGrid - Can I use an Oracle data source?

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:38 PM
Edited Nov 7, 2008 at 10:39 AM
Hello,
I'm exploring the .Net data grid. I made a first sample (connecting our Oracle database) with "Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition" and it worked fine.
Then I tried to make the same using WPF for the Web. I installed Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition,  installed the WPF toolkit, made a new "WPF Browser Application" project, dropped the WPF DataGrid and now I would like to set the data source. But I can only add "Access" and "SQL Server" databases in the Database Explorer. Is it a limitation of the Express edition?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Anyball
Nov 7, 2008 at 11:04 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2008 at 11:13 AM
Ok, I apologize, it is indeed not a WPF issue, it is a "Visual C# 2008 Express Edition" issue. Anyway, here is the answer from "ovidiur" I found on another forum :

After searching more (search engines are best human friends ...), I found a message from Dan Fernandez himself (Lead Product Manager for Visual Studio Express):
"...the issue is that this feature is not enabled for Visual Basic, C#, C++, or J# Express as these products can only support connecting to local data sources
It is, however, enabled in Visual Web Developer Express and Visual Studio Standard Edition or higher."
[
the message ]