how to add a column of a new type?

Oct 30, 2008 at 12:40 PM
hi, I'd like ask how to add a column of a new type, for example DataGridImageColumn that will have an image that is bounded to it.
I want to have to ability to write something like : <toolkit:DataGridImageColumn Binding="{Binding Path=Img}" >...</...> in my code to use it
(and behind there will be a ready-made style for such column). so in fact my question is how can I add the Binding property to a know type ?

Thanks in advance
Oct 30, 2008 at 12:49 PM
Try the sample out on this post,  It has a DataGridCustomTemplateColumn that does just this.
Oct 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM
thanks vinsivbal, but I'm already familiar with the template column.what I'm trying to achieve is an automatic way to use a column of a new type, and to enable the user
to write <toolkit:DataGridImageColumn Binding="{Binding Path=Img}" > for example.any suggestions or I can do it only by digging into the code of the datagrid?
Oct 30, 2008 at 4:30 PM
You are familiar with DataGridCustomTemplateColumn.cs or DataGridTemplateColumn.cs?  See the code for DataGridCustomTemplateColumn.cs in the sample. 
Nov 3, 2008 at 6:41 AM
thanks for the example.I haven't noticed at first that you were talking about DataGridCustomTemplateColumn ... it is very helpful !