DataGridSelectionUnit.CellOrRowHeader, selceceditem ,Are we wrong?

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:44 PM
Edited Oct 26, 2008 at 3:11 PM
hello everyone
we think maybe we are wrong or  something in DataGrid is wrong....
we use CTP datagrid. Our users need select a cell within row for that we use "DataGridSelectionUnit.CellOrRowHeader"  "SelectionUnit"
property. but when a cell is selected the Row that cell is in not selected.
 we use grid for LOB application and we use parent child relation between grids in a Form for that we develop a BindingSource control  for manage row change. we bind itemssource of grid to a "BindingListCollectionView" and need if a row selected(with select a cell)
CurrentChanged event of "BindingListCollectionView" be raised for refresh child grid.
Is there any  Recommendation for us?  is there a way when a cell  selected a row that  contains cell  be selected?

thanks for your help.

Oct 28, 2008 at 12:04 AM
Hi, I was facing the same issue when I use "DataGridSelectionUnit.CellOrRowHeader".

So, for getting the Item for the cell that is selected, I am using something like "myDataGrid.CurrentCell.Item".

May be this will help you as well!

HariOm
Oct 30, 2008 at 7:27 AM
Hi
Thanks HariOm
we saw that but we use current selected row for sync child and parent grid and this can not help us. maybe we have to change
our solution. but i guess it is a need feature for grid that can monitor selected row an cell ..