how to add multi row column headers

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:00 PM
Hi,$0$0$0$0For my column headers I would like to have multiple rows, and in each cell in the column's, I would like them to be multiline.$0$0$0$0$0For example, I want 2 rows in the column header, then 2 lines in each cell, when the user clicks the top/bottom row it will sort the the column by the top/bottom cell contents, etc.$0$0$0$0$0Is this possible with this grid?$0$0$0$0$0Thanks$0
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2008 at 1:17 PM
I'm not sure I follow your scenario.  Could you describe it a little further.  You want rows "inside" the header?
Oct 23, 2008 at 3:14 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2008 at 3:18 PM
yes i would like rows inside the header...  so below, the header has two rows, first name and second name, each cell would also have two lines(probably multiline, etc), I would also like to be able to sort by first name and last name, so when you clicked the last name in the column header, it would probably sort a hidden column that only had the last names listed, etc... hope this makes more sense
Thanks!
----------------
First Name       |
Last Name       |
----------------
John
Doe
----------------
Jane
Doe
----------------
Bill
Smith
----------------
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2008 at 6:01 PM
What about creating a template for the column header with two buttons, the top being the first name and the bottom being the last name.  For the column, you can create a template column with a similar template except use TextBlocks instead.  You can listen for the header button click events and then either sort it yourself or update the SortMemberPath property to either first or last name and get the DataGrid to sort the column.  Let me know if that works out.