Character casing for GridViewTextColumn

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:40 PM
I would like to character cast items entered into a DataGridTextColumn to  uper case. I created a style:

<Style x:Key="Style151" TargetType="{x:Type TextBox}">

<Setter Property="Background">

<Setter.Value>

<SolidColorBrush Color="#FFECE9D8" />

</Setter.Value>

</Setter>

<Setter Property="CharacterCasing" Value="Upper" />

</Style>

and I defined the DataGridTextColumn as

<dg:DataGridTextColumn x:Name="DPersonnel_ID" Width="70" Header="Personnel" EditingElementStyle="{DynamicResource Style151}" />

I have the cap lock key off so all entered text is in lower case. When I type in text to the cell the first character remains in lowercase but all other characters are cast to upper case.  

is this a bug or am I missing something or is there a better way of doing character casing??

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2008 at 1:00 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2008 at 1:09 PM
This is a bug that unfortunately will not be able to be addressed in the v1 release but will be addressed in vNext.  A hack that you could possibly do is to listen for keydown input when trying to edit a cell and on the first character change that one to uppercase.
Oct 16, 2008 at 4:33 PM
Is there a time frame for v1 release and vNext?  I need to be able to tell our customers when we can include this in their production application
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2008 at 7:24 PM
Hi Willie1,

V1 will be able through this site within the next few weeks and will also be included in .NET 4.0.  We don't have a schedule yet for vNext, but it wouldn't be until after .NET 4.0.  We are eager to get more iterations of DataGrid out to our customers and partners and are working hard on making them available as soon as possible. 

Thanks,
Samantha