Validation on new row

Oct 2, 2008 at 10:22 AM
Hi

when I create a new object and add it to the datacontext of my datagrid, it is displayed.
But: if there are any invalid cells, these are not visualized (red border) before I focus in them and foucs out again

Is this by design? How can I workaround here?

Regards
Klaus
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2008 at 1:00 PM
I'm having a hard time reproing your scenario.  Can you be more specific on how you are adding new objects.
Oct 3, 2008 at 6:45 PM
Vincent

I have a observablecollection (of BEModule) = "my business class" as DataContext for the grid
I have error visualization through a red background for invalid data
I add a new object using a new button to this collection( and I do not fill some properties which are required before doing the Add )
The datagrid row appears but the error is shown
When I navigate to a cell that holds an invalid content (empty in this case) and leave it using the mouse , the error visualization appears
But it does not show up when the object is added initially

Regards
Klaus
Oct 3, 2008 at 6:50 PM
Vincent,

sorry, I made a mistake:

I have a observablecollection (of BEModule) = "my business class" as DataContext for the grid
I have error visualization through a red background for invalid data
I add a new object using a new button to this collection( and I do not fill some properties which are required before doing the Add )
The datagrid row appears but NOerror is shown
When I navigate to a cell that holds an invalid content (empty in this case) and leave it using the mouse , the error visualization appears
But it does not show up when the object is added initially

Regards
Klaus
Oct 7, 2008 at 7:36 PM
Vincent

have you been able to reproduce this, or do you need further input?

Regards
Klaus