I found an interesting issue (not sure it's a bug) with the DataGrid that frustrated me for a good half hour so I wanted to note it here in hopes of saving someone else some time.
I had forgotten to place the
around my column definitions. When I compiled, I got no errors, so I was surprised to get the following error at runtime:
Error in markup file 'Dashboard.xaml' Line 2 Position 7.
The interesting thing here is the line number, since line 2 has the usual namespace definitions.
It took me a while to figure out that what the error really means is Line 2 of the DataGrid definition, not the WPF page.
Adding the .Columns wrapper tags fixed the problem. Hope that helps someone else not have to fight the same issue.