I've just come across this project while searching for an AutoCompleteBox. However I'm seeing signs that this project is in trouble.
- The discussions don't seem very active
- the last update was 1.5 years ago
- This question on the Platform Updates page: "Are we expecting any more updates to this toolkit or this project is abandoned?"
- The documentation is hosted on WindowsClient.net yet I can't find the documentation on that site (WHY would you not have the docs here??)
- "WPF Toolkit Roadmap" page appears to have been last updated in 2009
So before I consider using the toolkit I was wondering if it's already dead? Am I missing something? Are all these controls already in the latest WPF version?
IMO, The project is a zombie, caught up in the move to WinRT by the dev teams at MS.
It doesnt compile against .net 4.0 out of the box partly because some of the controls got moved to the .net 4.0 runtime, some didnt.
But now that //Build/ is over and Windows 8 has come out of the Black Op stage, there might be hope that they spend a little bit of time bringing this project up to date. I doubt it,but...
At the very least, you can take the source, and make sure it works for your needs and use it. There are updated version of the Charts at:
with lots of posts on charts here.
He has also done work with other things that work in WPF.
You can also look at the extended wpf tookit by a 3rd party. http://wpftoolkit.codeplex.com/
Good luck, and if you have an MS rep where you work,scream to them to get the WPF toolkit back on MS's radar some how...