StackedColumnSeries availability in WPF charts

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Why are the stackedcolumnseries and the other classes related to stacked charts removed from the 3.5.40128.1 version  (Feb 2010 release of WPF tool kit) of System.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.Toolkit.dll which were there in its version (June 2009 release of WPF tool kit).

Resources I have tried :

1. . Here the latest version of WPF toolkit available where I could get 3.5.40128.1 version of System.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.Toolkit.dll. In this dll, stackedcolumnseries and the other classes related to stacked charts are not present.
  2.   From this link I could understand that WPF tool kit has the provision for stackedcolumnseries, but the version of System.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.Toolkit.dll (, I got from here is not the same as the one i got from the feb 2010 release of WPF toolkit.

Please someone help me in understanding why did this happen. I am planning to implement stackedcolumn charts in my application, but I am afraid of using the classes available in older version, which are removed from new version, the reason for which is not clear.

If these classes are also available in 3.5.40128.1, please let me know the location i should look at.

My computer's hardware/software details :

1. 0.98GB RAM . Pentium (R) D CPU.
  2. Microsoft Windows XP professional version 2002 Service Pack3.
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed.
  4. I work on Visual Studion 2008