WPF Ribbon - version number and WindowStyle

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Hi. Two things:

1) I've noticed the installer for the Ribbon control for WPF, on the download page title says 'October 2010' and the properties of the installer say

"Microsoft Ribbon for WPF October 2010 (Version 4.0.0.11019)"

But when you install it is is actually an earlier version (July 2010 version 3.5.40729.1) - apparently for .net 3.5?

I'm guessing this is the latest one then? I was just a bit confused by the title on the download page as:

"Microsoft Ribbon for WPF October 2010"

2) the other thing is regarding the Ribbon control itself.

I am understanding that it will not let a user change the WindowStyle to None (to hide the minimize/maximize/close buttons).

Is there any way around this? I really want to use the Ribbon control but I want it to not allow users to close my application -- I want to make a ribbon in 'kiosk' mode so to speak...

Thanks in advance

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Just in case it helps someone else - I found the answers on my own.

1) apparently the latest version number was rolled back

http://wpf.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=81732

2) there is no easy way to do this, when i tried to 'retemplate' the Ribbon it didn't work. Another article customizing the assembly for the WPF ribbon itself to have a property to allow the Window Title buttons to be hidden but

I couldn't get that to work either. In the end a simple overlay of a rectangle (thereby hiding the buttons) worked for me. It's a shame though that I'd have to take this approach though... anyway here's the xaml.

<Rectangle DockPanel.Dock="Top"
            Name="RectangleToHideButtons"
            Fill="{DynamicResource {x:Static SystemColors.GradientActiveCaptionBrushKey}}"
            Width="{Binding Path=ActualWidth, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType=mynamespace:MyParentRibbonWindow}}"
            Height="23"
            HorizontalAlignment="Right"
            Visibility="Visible"
            />

To use this please adjust it for your use...