WPF Ribbon tab control emulating an existing tab control

Aug 8, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Hello,

I know it's pretty soon after the release but I'm hoping someone can help me out. What I currently have is the following:

<TabItem Header="{x:Static p:Resources.Courses}" Margin="0,0,-18.75,0">
<Grid>
<Grid.ColumnDefinitions><ColumnDefinition Width="0.2*"/><ColumnDefinition Width="0.8*"/></Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
<Grid.RowDefinitions><RowDefinition Height="0.4*"/><RowDefinition Height="0.6*"/></Grid.RowDefinitions>
<ContentControl Content="{Binding CourseListView}" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1" Margin="20" />
<ContentControl x:Name="courseViewPresenter" Content="{Binding CourseView}" Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="1" Margin="20"/>
<GridSplitter HorizontalAlignment="Right" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Width="4" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1" />
</Grid>
</TabItem>

There are different tab items that when clicked will show different views.

I'd like to implement this using the ribbon control but I'm not sure where to start. I looked around and can find no single example that shows how to link up the clicking of a new tab with a change in the view that's displayed below the tab. Anyone have any ideas on how this should be implemented.

Richard

Aug 10, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Im working on a project that will use this too ill post if I figure it out.  Otherwise please let me know how you end up doing it if you figure it out first. 

Thanks!

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Edited Aug 23, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Hi I posted how I did this on my blog.

http://wegged.com/2010/08/23/use-the-new-wpf-ribbon-like-a-tab-control/