Next WPF Toolkit Release

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Any word when the next release for WPF Toolkit is coming? It's been a couple of months and have not heard anything lately. Roadmap would be nice.
Jul 31, 2010 at 5:55 PM
+10 on this one. I'm totally stumped as to if this is supposed to work with .Net 4 or if we are supposed to be waiting for an update that will make it work with .Net 4. The tiniest of roadmaps would really be helpful.
Jul 31, 2010 at 10:04 PM

It's also unclear to me if it's supposed to work with .Net 4. Will there be an official VS 2010 release or something?

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I tried a test app with the themes and seem to work. 

I'm mainly requesting any updates to use with new controls from last release ( accordion, rate, etc. ).  When I use the toolkit with a 4.0 project, I get errors if I'm using VSM built in with 4.0 and the VSM in toolkit.  Also ( and a BIG also ), someone from toolkit team said they would be releasing a new Ribbon release within a couple of months.  Any news on this one peeps?  Are we going to have to wait til PDC10 to see anything?  Please give us something.

Aug 1, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I have emailed Scott Gu, Rob Relyea, over the past 4 months, and now Pete Brown.   All ( cept Pete, he hasnt had time yet :) ) have said that something will be done, but all I see is silence. 

I can not recomend to anyone that they use anything off of this site, without the understanding that there is NO support.  Some stuff works, other stuff doesnt.   It truly is sad that the WPF toolkit is in this state compared to the Silvelight one. 

All I can suggest is that everyone who is interested in this site and the code here being up to par, email anyone at MS that they can, and raise a stink until it is either killed or supported.  I have tried, both thru MS reps at the company I work at, and through the public emails.  Heck, a note to Balmer might get some action.  :)  Who knows, it cant be worse ( at least I hope not ).

pmont

Aug 3, 2010 at 10:36 AM

shaggygi

Just saw this.

http://10rem.net/blog/2010/08/02/announcing-microsoft-ribbon-for-wpf-rtw?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PeteBrown-WindowsClient+%28Pete+Brown%27s+Blog+%3A+WindowsClient%29

Looks like Pete is trying.

Paul

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Thanks for the update.  I've been waiting on this for months.