Globalization & Localization Issues

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Hi,

Let me thank you in advance for you great works out there, and also for your valuable time for development of this toolkit.

1. Isn't there any possible way to force the DatePicker/Calendar to use other calendar types than only Gregorian calender?!! And also force it to retrieve month and day names from current values in System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat or System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentUICulture.DateTimeFormat?!

2. How can I change the text "Show Calendar" to my preferred text in other language.

Thanks for your concern.

Hosein.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:36 AM

I was looking into this before because I wanted to use the DatePicker with alternative calendars.  Basically you can have the Gregorian calendar displayed in any language you want.  The month names and date format will be the CultureInfo of the current thread.

Rather annoyingly, the WPF toolkit does not allow the override of the Watermark text without modifications to the source code.  The easiest way I found to do this was to change the ExceptionStringTable.txt file in the Resources folder.  Look for the "DatePicker_WatermarkText=Show calendar" line and change "Show calendar" it to whatever you want.  If you leave it blank  then no text will show.  Many other threads on here have posted code to add a new property to allow you to set the the text via code.

Hope that helps.

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Hi Elyoh,

Of course it helped me. Thanks a lot for your time and concern.

Hosein